Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Day 1...just move...

Ok, I've got my cup of hot chocolate, my feet are up and I'm ready for day 1 of take five. Today's prompt is the word MOVE.




Psalm 46:10 is one of my favorites, it says "Be still and know that I am God." 

For years, I think I took the be still part of that verse a bit too literally. I was still a lot. I was still in the morning, I was still in the afternoon and I was still in the evening. I just didn't move! (In my defense, I did have some health issues that sidelined me for a time).  I had a great relationship with God, I did use a lot of that still time to be with Him, but if I wasn't willing to move what good did that do me? How could I minister if I was just still all the time?

One year ago, I decided it was time to do more than just be still. It was time to get myself healthy physically as well as spiritually. I began to move. That day I got on my bike and rode, I was out of breath and tired when I was done. I felt like I had just completed stage one of Tour de France. I rode 3 miles, yep 3 miles. It took me almost 30 minutes. I was feeling pretty good about myself. I haven't allowed myself to stop moving since then. I can now ride much farther and much faster. In fact in one year I have moved my body about 2800 miles! 

I look back on this year and am amazed at how far I have come. I still have a ways to go getting my body in shape, but I feel better than I have in years! I still take time in my day to be still before God, but I also take time to get my physical body in shape. 

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20


How about you...are you being still too much...just tell yourself what I did a year ago...just move!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!