Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

take five...they needed to go away...

The word of the day is AWAY...



Away...I don't really always like that word. 

When our oldest graduated from high school, she spent a year in Texas, she moved away.

When our middle child graduated from high school, she spent a year in Texas, she moved away.

When our youngest graduated from high school, he spent a year in Texas, he moved away.



Do you see a trend there? Each of our children not only left home, they went about 24 hours away from us! I can honestly say that a drive has never seemed so long.

However, I believe that the time away was good for each one of them. They were in good schools, growing in their faith. Each one of our kids had challenges unique to them, but each one of our children came away from Texas a better and stronger person. God used that time to help each one of them make their faith their own. Would God have worked had they gone to school closer to home? Of course, but His plan for them included getting them away and working on them in Texas. 

So parents as your kids leave home; it will be hard, but it can be the very thing God uses to draw them closer to Him!

For I know the plans I have for declares the LORD...
Jeremiah 29:11









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!