Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

take five...expect to overcome...

Today's word is EXPECT...





"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."

John 16:33



Notice in the verse above it does not say you might have tribulation, it says you will have it. This world is not a perfect place and trials are a part of living. God tells us to expect trials, He never promises us that life will be all sunshine and happiness for us. He does promise us peace, so when trials come approach them with expectancy of that peace that surpasses all understanding. I love the last part of that verse, "But take heart, I have overcome the world." God is the ultimate overcomer and because of that He has given us the power to be overcomers as well! So expect trials, but also expect that with God's help you will overcome!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!