Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

take five...look at me...

Todays word is LOOK...





Mommy...look at me dance.
Daddy...look at me tie my shoes.
Mommy...look at me...I drew you a picture.
Daddy...look at me twirl.

All day long you hear those words...mommy...look at me, daddy...look at me...
Your child craves your attention, your child longs for you to see her. When she knows you are looking it is as if she is playing to grand stage, a stage filled with one of the people she seeks attention from. She is not only seeking your attention...she is seeking your approval.

I don't think we ever outgrow that phase, but I think as we mature the audience we are playing to needs to change. We shouldn't do what we do to impress our parents, our friends or even strangers. We need to realize that we play to an audience of One. We don't need to twirl to get His attention; we have it every day, every second of every day. He is watching, He sees us; He knows our every move. I want the things He sees to be pleasing to Him, I want to make Him smile just like a mommy smiles at the accomplishments of her child, I too want to please my daddy...my Abba Father!Today, as I go about my day, I will be asking God not only if He is looking, but if what He sees is pleasing to Him.


For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ. 
Galatians 1:10



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!