Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

take five...do you see what He sees?

Today is day 2 of my 31 days of take five. I already find myself looking forward to my five minute break every morning. Today's word is VIEW.





Mirrors...well to be honest they are not my friends. You will most likely never hear me saying, "mirror mirror on the wall who's the fairest of them all?" No, in fact I have the ability to be a room full of mirrors and not once look at my reflection. If I did look into a mirror you would most likely hear this plea, "mirror mirror that I see please, please be kind to me."

Can you relate? Don't we all look into a mirror and immediately see some sort of flaw...real or imagined? We tend to view ourselves in a much harsher light than those around us. If only we could for one day see ourselves the way God sees us. God looks at more than just our outward appearance, He sees our hearts. A heart in love with God makes for a radiant beautiful person. So, view yourself not in terms of human beauty, but rather how God views you. Trust me it will change the way you carry yourself!

He has made everything beautiful in its time.
 Ecclesiastes 3:11

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which of great worth in God's sight. I Peter 3:3-4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!