Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

take five...untie or unite?

The word for today is UNITE...



So ever have one of those dyslexic moments when you look at a word and read it wrong? Well that happened to me with the word for today. Last night I checked my list to see what the word for today was  and I saw that the word was untie. (yep, read it wrong!) I was stumped as to how to use this word for anything encouraging. I was thinking well, you need to untie your shoes, but that's not really enough to encourage anybody. Then I thought of this summer when our son got married, I literally cut apron strings, could I change that story to be from the angle that we untied the aprons strings so he was now free to become one with Britt? So, I pondered it and came to sit down and write today only to realize the word today is not untie...it is unite!!!! This word still leads me in the direction of Caleb and Britt's wedding. After all what is a wedding, it is two people coming together to be united in marriage!The night before the wedding I read Britt a poem and cut the apron strings, I gave my son away. The next day at the wedding Caleb and Britt chose not to do a unity candle, they chose to braid three ribbons together, one ribbon represented Caleb, one represented Britt and the third represented God. What a beautiful picture of them joining together. Indeed a special day.

And though a man might prevail agains one who is alone, two will withstand him-a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:12







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!