Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

take five...are you leaving a wake?

The word for today is WAKE...




A ship in water leaves a wake, a big wake. This wake is noticed, it is felt by boats that come behind it. There is no hiding the effects it has. As a kid I used to love going to the lake and riding the waves that came in from passing boats. It didn't matter how fast the boat was moving, it still created a wake and some fun waves for me to play in close to the beach.

As I go through life, I ask myself am I leaving any kind of a wake? Will those who come behind me feel the effects of my life? If so, what kind of legacy am I leaving? As I think about my children and grandchildren I pray that they would look at the wake I leave as a good thing. I pray that I am leaving a wave that they will want to ride, a wave that points them to Christ, a wave that makes them better people. 

Your faithfulness endures to all generations...
Psalm 119:90


What kind of wake do you want to leave?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!