Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

take five...fear not...


The word for today is FEAR...



Fear...this is a very real emotion these days. Everyday as I scroll through my Facebook feed I sense fear in people's posts. As I watch the news I find that fear creeping up on me. Fear is an emotion that can get the best of me, it can cripple me, cause me to feel anxious, make me irrational at times. I am so thankful that God addresses fear in His word. When I chose to remember that God is with me, when I chose to focus on Him, my fear (both fear of real things and what if fear) dissipates. There are stilly scary things going on the world, but does living in fear really help? 

Here are some of my favorite reminders to fear not. As the events of this world crash down on you and you find yourself being fearful, read these and be reminded of who is really in control...God!


Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 
Isaiah 41:10

I sought the LORD, and he answered me ad delivered me from all my fears. 
Psalm 34:4

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world give do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. 
John 14:27

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Matthew 6:34

This is just a small sampling of verses I turn to. Take some time to search out your Bible and find the verses that comfort you. Share them with me if you would like.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!