Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

take five...pray first...

The word for today is FIRST...



It is no secret that I am a competitive person, my husband just so happens to be one as well. We like to win, so sometimes games between us can become intense, but for the most part we are gracious at both winning and losing. We go into the game knowing that there will be a winner and there will be a loser, that's the nature of playing a game. 

Sometimes I tend to forget that in our marriage we are not playing a game, that my goal is not to win at times of disagreements. I can get so caught up in "winning" the argument that I fail to listen to  Brian, I am too busy presenting my case. If only I could step back and take a breath and realize that coming in first is not what is needed here. When I view a disagreement as an opportunity to win I am making sure we both lose. In those instances I need to stop, drop to my knees and pray...FIRST...before those competitive juices take over. Do I always remember to do that...sadly no...I am still very much a work in progress.


How about you? Is there a winner and loser in your marriage...I hope not. I hope you are both on the same team, working together, journeying through life, not keeping a score card. 

Here is a prescription for making sure you both win...

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes are things, hopes all things, endures all things.
I Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!