Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

23...a great number...

Today I decided to research the number 23 and see if I could find any facts on it. I was amazed at how many facts I found!
  • It takes 23 seconds for blood to circulate through the human body.
  • Each parent contributes 23 chromosomes to a baby.
  • 23 is Michael Jordan's number.
  • The most quoted Psalm is Psalm 23.
  • The 23rd letter of the alphabet is W, as in wedding.
  • 23 years ago today, I married my BEST FRIEND!

 
The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." Genesis 2:18



Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12


And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 
I Corinthians 13:13

Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth for your love is more delightful 
than wine.  Song of Solomon 1:2 


Following are the lyrics to the song Brian used when he proposed and he sang it at our wedding. The words mean even more after 23 years of life together!!

Promise Me 
by Kenny Marks

Oh won't you promise me
That you'll always care

That no matter the distance between us

You'll always be there

Now it's easy to be there for you

But we don't know what we're gonna go through

So no matter what changes we see

Won't you promise me


Oh won't you promise me

That you'll never forget

All the things that have happened to us

Since the day we met

As the years bring new faces and friends

I won't let these memories end

So no matter what changes we see

Won't you promise me


(bridge)

Well the good things we feel for each other

We don't have to fake

Love is the heart and soul

Of the promise we make


I gotta know what you're going through

I promise to be there for you

So no matter what changes we see

Won't you promise me




I love you BK...you're my lobster!!


2 comments:

  1. what I was looking for, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting facts about the #23. Happy Anniversary! We will celebrate 22 years this September. My husband is also a pastor. :)
    Found you through Encouraging Words Wednesdays. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!