Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

take five...sometimes you need to adjust things...

Today's word for my 31 day series of take five is ADJUST...



This morning as I was laying in bed feeling awful, I turned on Facebook and the only thing I read was this from one of my favorite bloggers

"So here's the thing - today is probably not going to go as you planned. 
I find it's a relief to just accept that at 6am rather than to temper tantrum about it at 6pm, eh?" 

I actually read this at 6 am! It was then that I realized I would have to accept a change in my plans for the day. A change that would involve me doing literally nothing except nap for most of the day. I had to adjust myself to a sickness that snuck up on me. Did I whine a little and feel sorry for myself? Why yes I did! Once I realized what my day was going to look like, once I realized there was only one option for myself, then and only then was I able to quit feeling sorry for myself and really rest. 

Lots of days are like that, well maybe not the sick part, but the having to change plans part. We make plans only to be disappointed, frustrated, and irritated. We get annoyed and maybe even throw a pity party. Why do we do this to ourselves? Oh, to be the person who wakes up in the morning and asks God what He has planned for me that day. Oh, to be the person who accepts change more readily and is able to go with the flow of my day and adjust my expectations. I am a work in progress, but thankfully God just keeps working on me! 

My plans may change and things may not go how I want them to, but as long as my anchor is the One who doesn't change then I'm ok! 

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and
today and tomorrow. 
Hebrews 13:8


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!