Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

take five...enjoying what God created...

Today's word is ENJOY...


When our kids were little we took them on a hike at a waterfall near where we lived. At lunchtime we  snuck off the trail and had lunch by the stream. We felt like we were the first people ever to find this amazing spot, so we gave it a name. We called it Hitogochi..."Hidden Treasure of God's Creation". That was a great day, one I will never forget. We took the time to enjoy something God created and at the same time made a memory.

The original Hitogochi...

This past summer was one of my favorite summers in a long time. I found myself outside more than I had been in years. There were so many opportunities for me to enjoy God's creation. As the summer progressed I found myself thinking of Hitogochi and determined I would enjoy and find even more hidden treasures of God's creation. Ok, so the treasures I found weren't actually hidden, many of them were in my own back yard. However, if I hadn't taken the time to appreciate and enjoy God's creation it would have remained hidden to me. 

God is such an amazing artist, the way he paints a sunset takes my breath away. God has way more colors in His color box than I have in mine. I discovered this summer the beauty in the color green, the amount of different shades of green God uses is amazing. The wild flowers I saw growing this summer made for a far more beautiful bouquet than any florist could ever create. This fall the colors on the trees seemed more intense, more breathtaking to me. All of these observations occurred because I took the time to notice, I took the time to thank the one who created my views, God's creation is amazing!

All things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made. 
John 1:3


Here are some of my Hitogochi pictures from this past year...
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!