Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Three weeks...





 Three weeks ago, a giant orange truck pulled up in front of our home in Hampton.

Three weeks ago, I watched with amazement as the movers packed everything we owned into that truck like a giant game of Tetris.

Three weeks ago,  I stood in an empty house as tears rolled down my cheeks. Not because I was going to miss the house, but because of all the memories it holds.
 Three weeks ago, we drove away from this house, with a for sale sign still in the yard. The promise of a buyer still unmet.

Three weeks ago, we drove away from a neighborhood, church and community we loved.

Three weeks ago, Brian and I began yet another new adventure!

Our first Sunday at our new church!
 
It has only been three weeks and the memories and emotions of the move are still raw. I still get tears in my eyes as I remember watching that truck pull away from our home; knowing that all we had left to do was drive away.

The past three weeks have not been filled entirely with tears. We have experienced some pretty amazing emotions as well. We drove into a new community and felt welcomed from the moment we stepped out of our truck!

In the past three weeks we have been loved on in some amazing ways. Our new church family has made us feel more than welcome!! The warmth of the welcome here did so much to lessen the sting of the good-byes we had just gone through. We had movers who would have unloaded everything themselves, but our church family showed up and helped them out. The movers were hesitant at first, but it was a hot day and in the end they were amazed that so many people would show up to help out a family they barely knew. What a great witness to these guys! Their load was lessened and there was plenty of food and water to refresh them before they went on their way.


In the past three weeks, Brian and I have learned we are too old to move! It's hard work, both emotionally and physically. We are still learning our way around our new home, will we ever learn what all these light switches turn on? Will we ever find the shop vac hose? Will we ever figure out where things go in the kitchen? Even brushing our teeth has been different, the toothpaste and toothbrush are in new locations! What do all the buttons on my oven, my dishwasher, my washer and dryer do? Why are there so many buttons on all these appliances? I am used to on/off! Now I have to think!!

In the past three weeks, God has showed us He is faithful! That house we drove away from without a buyer is now under contract!! We had prayed to get a certain amount for our home and the amount we settled on is exactly the amount we prayed for. The inspection on our home showed a problem that could have cost us a few thousand dollars, within 30 minutes of finding out about this issue we got good news! The buyers decided to sign off on the contract and are not asking us to do anything! For a few months now we have been praying for the buyers of our home, now we can keep praying for them, only now we know their name.

In the past three weeks, there have been some tears. It is a natural part of moving...well for women anyway!! I kept telling Brian the tears would come, I didn't know when, I just knew they would. When they came, they came in force! There is so much involved with moving besides just packing and unpacking; all the little things just built up and overwhelmed me! Thankfully, Brian kept his shoulder available for me. He knows the drill by now, walk over hold me and let me cry!! God really gave him a great set of strong shoulders!!

So, after three weeks are we settled yet? No...still lots of things to do. After three weeks, we feel more at home. We are seeing our new church as our new family, we are beginning to see what an amazing place God has called us to. We may be a bit north, the accents may be a bit different than we are used to, there may be different crops, different weather patterns; but one thing remains the same... God! God is faithful, He brought us here and both Brian and I are excited to see what God has in store for us here!!


Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
 Hebrew 13:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!