Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Scripture & a Snapshot


How often do we act like a little kid and hide in the corner thinking God won't see us or know what we've done wrong? Today my husband preached on James 4:17. So I've been thinking about this verse all afternoon. How often do we hear God telling us to do something, but we ignore His voice? James is bold and tells us this is a sin. I don't know about you, but that convicts me. As my husband pointed out today, we don't have to think of the Christian life as a series of don'ts.We need to tune into what God wants us to do and then we need to do it! So what is God telling you to do this week? Will you do it?




6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder :-) we think about what our little ones don't do a lot more than what we don't do! Was he in time out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good. There are chances to sin everywhere. so thankful for his strength, mercy, grace. God rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, that's a great visual!
    Sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute photo and a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this photo makes me smile but its sad at the same time... So hard to discipline the ones you love sometimes. I wonder if God thinks that? I wonder if he says "This will hurt me more than it hurts you"...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!