Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

No Room???

No room...sorry.
 Can't help you sir...sorry.
   Can't you see there's a census going on...of course there's no room...sorry.
     No room in here sir...but I guess you can take the stable...it's a little smelly though...sorry!

I imagine  these were some of the responses Joseph and Mary had when the arrived in Bethlehem. No room for them in the Inn. I wonder had these innkeepers known who they were turning away, would they have answered differently? Would they have suddenly discovered an empty room?

I've got family coming...I can't help at church on Christmas...sorry.
 I don't have money to give...I have my "Santa" presents to buy...sorry.
   There's no room for those "Jesus" ornaments...I've got a snowflake theme this year...sorry.


Are we like the innkeepers? Do we come up with excuses as to why there's no room for Jesus in our own Christmas celebrations? Are we so bogged down with the stresses of buying gifts for everyone, decorating our house just so, baking for days, and attending every party we are invited to that we forget the reason we do it all? Where is Jesus in your Christmas?

Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6:7 This is one of my favorite verses on passing on our faith and teaching our children. I feel it is very applicable this time of year! To  put the verse another way. Teach your children about Christmas. Talk to them as you bake Christmas cookies, as you walk the neighborhood caroling, when you get up on Christmas morning. Remind your kids that there is one and only one reason for the season, it is about a man (not the one in the red suit), it is about JESUS!

 The innkeepers may have turned Mary and Joseph away, they didn't know Jesus was coming. We don't have that excuse, we know Christmas is about Him, so let's find room in our December for Jesus!






Linking up today with A Holy Experience...
please visit and find many posts on how to prepare for Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. The saddest words to me in scripture are "no room." Good reminder, Brenda.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!