Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

5 Minute Friday...Connected

 It's Five Minute Friday!!!! Today's Word is Connected




 
Don't you hate it when you are having a great conversation with someone on your cell phone and then you lose the person on the other end. What's worse is when it takes you a few minutes to realize it, you've been talking but no one is listening. You are no longer connected. It's such a weird feeling to know that nobody is listening anymore.

Prayer is a much better communication tool than cell phones. When we dial up God, His end of the connection is always open. Sometimes we can do things to cause the communication to drop. We can forget to listen, forget to confess our sins, or forget to talk to Him at all.

I have found that when I do my part to stay connected with God, my life tends to run much smoother. Stress isn't as high, I feel more joy in my day; but when I go without talking and listening to God things are much different. I'm more cranky, less joyful, small things irritate me. (just ask my hubby!)

So, I'm glad my 5 minutes are up...I have some connecting with God to do!!! How about you???

The LORD is near to all who call on him,
   to all who call on him in truth.
Psalm 145:18




4 comments:

  1. Dropping in from Gypsy Mama. Funny how we get busy and push God to the side when in fact our lives do run so much smoother when He comes first and everything else has to fit in after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a good take on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget that we need to Praise Him too to keep that connection alive and pulsating!
    Love your post! Many Blessings,
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you expounded upon staying connected to God. I strive to remain directed connected to Him.

    Warm Blessings to you this Christmas and always...

    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!