Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Snoozing away....



I have a confession to make, I love my snooze button!  In fact I love it so much that I need to set multiple alarms for myself in the morning. There's nothing better, in my mind, than those extra 5 minutes of sleep! Actually those 5 minutes turn into 10 and then before I know it at least 30 or more minutes have gone by. 

This is actually a bad habit for me. I have learned to ignore my alarm, the very thing telling me its time to wake up. Someday, I'm going to miss something important because I don't get up in time.


Is God sounding a spiritual alarm in your life, in the life of our country? If so, I believe we are hitting the snooze button. God is trying to tell us to wake up before we miss something important!

A recent survey by the Barna Group shows a few alarming statistics. It shows that very few Christians have a Biblical Worldview or even believe that Satan exists.



We need to wake up to this statistic and look at how we view the world. If our worldview is not centered on the Bible and God, then it is askew. Our worldview shapes how we live, act and react to situations. Are we turning a blind eye to the things in this world that God warns us to avoid? Things such as abortion, divorce, premarital sex, honesty, and media choices.

God calls us to be in the world and not of it, if we are not viewing the world through God colored glasses, then I believe we are slowly becoming of the world. The alarm is sounding, what can you do to wake up and stop hitting the snooze button?

Keep a cool head. Stay alert. The Devil is poised 
to pounce, and would like nothing better than to 
catch you napping. Keep your guard up. 
I Peter 5:8 (The Message) 


Resources to help you develop a Biblical Worldview

 
 

3 comments:

  1. This is great. That scripture is so relevant. We as Christians are called to BE READY. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Many times I've had to step back and retrain my mind from the worldy views that I had started to have. It's so easy to do in today's culture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way! My husband always teases me that the only thing worse than having to get up in the morning is having to get up 3 times! You are so very right about believers being in snooze mode!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!