Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Contentment

This is my cat Mickey. See how relaxed and content he looks here. He has this ability to sleep for hours and look so comfortable and content. He will be content like this until he hears us open the cabinet where his food is kept. Then he is suddenly meowing and thinks he needs to eat, no matter what time of day it is. All of the sudden he is no longer a content kitty, but a very annoying one!

 Contentment, we all struggle with this, just like Mickey. How many of us love our home, our car, or our clothes; and then we visit someone with a cleaner house, a newer car or cuter clothes. This can cause us to want something we don't even need.

Sometimes we struggle with contentment in our situation. Perhaps we are in high school, dreaming for college; in college, dreaming for life after college; newlyweds, anxious for a baby; parents of a newborn looking forward to the kids being older; or empty nesters wishing we still had kids at home. It seems whatever our life stage we are always dreaming of a different one.

Lately the verse 1 Timothy 6:6 has been one that has continually appeared before me. This verse says; But godliness with contentment is great gain. It seems like whenever God gives me a verse he gives me an opportunity to practice that verse! Sometimes I don't like it when God does that! I just want to throw a pity party, but God doesn't let me stay that way for long.

God, in His wisdom, uses those low moments to show me what I need to do. God never wastes an experience, He will use this for His glory! I am coming to realize that my current circumstances are molding me, making me into the person God wants me to be.

No matter what your circumstance, cling to 1 Timothy 6:6. Be content, remember you are in this circumstance for this season. Allow God to use it!! Don't be like Mickey, who thinks that he's hungry when his belly has just been fed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!