Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

sometimes you just have to flirt (with your hubby)...

 I was just feeling irritated. The more he did it, the more it annoyed me. I told him he was bugging me; this seemed to make him do it more. Why oh why was this man doing this? What possible reason could he have for driving me crazy? When I questioned him later, his answer was simple...I was flirting with you. Nope, I didn't even have a clue! After 25 years of marriage, had we forgotten the fine art of flirting? Was it him...was it me...was it both of us?

Sometimes we are just out of sync, life gets crazy and before we realize it we aren't doing the best at communicating. When this happens something as simple as flirting becomes difficult. It's during those times that we need to get creative and figure out new ways to both communicate and flirt (because seriously every married couple needs to keep the flirting alive).

Notes seem to be one of the most successful things for us. Our dating was a long distance relationship; so notes, cards and letters were vital to us. Now keep in mind this was before cell phones, texting and Facebook. We either had to pay for every minute we talked on the phone or write letters. I remember going to my college mailbox and hoping there was a letter from my man, when on the days there was a letter I am sure I skipped back to my room to soak in every word in private. Letters became our way of communicating so many things. I think that is why we still enjoy writing notes to each other.

Today we have a fun way to not only write those notes, but keep them organized so we can read them anytime. What we use is a notebook that looks like this...

Mr. & Mrs. - Two in One Inspirational Journal
from: DaySpring Cards Inc

 Brian writes to me in the mr. half and I write to him in the mrs. half. We leave it on our pillow when we want to give each other a fun little note. I can tell you when I walk into our room and see that book on my pillow my heart jumps for joy. I feel like I did when I was back in college checking my mailbox. Our notes aren't always long or profound, but they always communicate love! How amazing to read after 25 years that I am still loved and cherished. Even when we are in one of those phases where our flirting isn't going so well, it is a way to say I'm still here and I still do!!

Our new flirting method is working out quite well for us too. We are combining our love of notes and our love of word games into something fun. Years ago we bought some shower crayons...so we could leave notes in our shower. Here is our new game...




That's right...hangman in the shower. Gives me a good reason to get up and going in the morning...wondering what his note will say and did I guess a good letter the day before.

The key to communicating and flirting is to find what works for you and do it! These two ways work for us at the moment. If you have any fun ways that work for you leave me a comment and share.

If you are at a loss for what to say in a note...go to Song of Solomon, 
there is some good stuff in that book!



works for me wednesday at we are that family








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!