Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Thankful for the little things...

For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb. 
 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well. 
 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
    intricately woven in the depths of the earth. 
 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
    the days that were formed for me,
    when as yet there was none of them.
Psalm 139:13-16 
 This is one of my favorite portions of scripture. It speaks so beautifully about life and who the creator of life is. With God there are no accidents, before our mothers even know we are there, God is knitting us together beautifully.
Today I am praising God for the work He is doing knitting together my first grandchild! This little one is just a little bit bigger than a kumquat and growing every day. What an amazing thing for my first born to be expecting her first born. Words can't even begin to describe the emotions Brian and I have been having for the past month! 
 
Had to look up what a kumquat looked like.
People have told us there is nothing like being a grandparent and we are excited to find out that joy come December. It is hard to imagine anything more wonderful than becoming a parent, so it is with great anticipation that we await the arrival our little kumquat!
There is no doubt in my mind about the kind of parents Ashley and Larry will be. This little baby is going to be so loved! Ashley has been ready to be a mom since kindergarten, God wired her with this desire and we are so excited that He has answered the cry of her heart. 
Stay tuned as I am sure I will be flooding my blog and facebook page with pictures soon enough! First ultrasound should be within the next month!!
 

1 comment:

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!