Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Five Minute Friday...The Song of my Heart...

My favorite time of the week...Five Minute Friday! Since my internet has been working in five minute spurts today, I should have just enough time to complete this post! Today's word is....
SONG...


This week there has been a sweet song playing over and over again...
The sounds of laughter....the sounds of joy...the sounds of togetherness...
There is the married couple...newly graduated from college...planning their future...
There is the engaged daughter talking on the phone with her fiance...
And there is the son planning for his summer job and next semester at a new school.
My empty nest is full for a short time and my heart is soaking it all in.
My dishwasher is run at least once a day...my washing machine is getting a work out...
All music to my ears...those are the sounds of family!
I know in a  month our home will once again be an empty nest...
But this song in my heart will play on...
My heart is content...my heart is in love with my Savior...
My heart is crazy about my husband...my heart is proud of my children...

This pretty much sums us all up!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad for your joys.

    I really love this part, "My dishwasher is run at least once a day...my washing machine is getting a work out...
    All music to my ears...those are the sounds of family."

    As a young mom, these are chores I despair over, sounds I'd rather not hear...but it's a good reminder that my lil' family is near!

    -Rachel from http://redeemingher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brenda this warmed my heart because I know how precious these moments are. My oldest is out of the house (serving in the Navy) and while my youngest is still here between work and school we have so little time together. When everyone is together my heart sings a bit louder! I'm anxiously awaiting us all traveling to see our oldest son this summer as it has been too long.
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda! So beautiful -- another post to make me smile. You have a beautiful family! My kids are still so young (3 and 1), but I find myself wondering what it will be like to watch our kids all grown up, starting their own families, and my still feeling like I'm 23 and newly married ;) Haha. When I mentioned that to my husband, he said "You still feel 23? I feel like I'm 45 already!" (we're 30 ;)). Enjoy your empty nest -- many blessings to you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...I love when my kids are home and the air is filled with song, laughs, chatter. I so miss this when it's quiet around here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!