Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Torn...

As you know our family is set to make a move in July. Normally I love moving, I love packing and organizing and most of all, getting rid of  stuff. This time however, I find myself not as excited about the whole process. I found myself torn.

First there is the part of me that is really excited for the move. We have met the people and they are wonderful. God has called Brian to minister in this town, whenever Brian talks about this new job he just lights up. We have no doubt that this is where God wants us. Facebook has been amazing, it has helped us start friending some of the people and the "stalking" has begun! I already feel like we are sharing life with them. This is the fun part of the move.

The other side of the move is the hard part..the saying good-bye part. On Sunday at our son's graduation party so many people told us how much they are going to miss us. It was during that party that I realized just how deep we have planted our roots in not only our church but in this community. I find myself sad at the fact that I won't be wearing red and black next year to cheer on Caleb's old teammates. I won't be worshiping in the fourth row center pew at Faith Baptist anymore. We love Hampton, we feel God brought us here. We feel we grew closer as a family here. But this chapter of our life is coming to a close, and its hard.

It truly is a time of mixed emotions in my world. I am excited to find a home and start dreaming about how I will make it into our home. On the other hand, I have a house here that needs to sell. I have a house that needs to be gone through, stuff needs to be organized. What will we keep, what will we sell, what will we finally just throw away? My mind is working overtime right now. The to-do list seems overwhelming.

As I feel overwhelmed, I have to remind myself it's ok to cry. More importantly I have to remind myself to spend time daily in the Word, to soak up what God has to say to me. He is my Rock!

Cast all your anxiety on Him, for He cares for you. 
1 Peter 5:7

It seems with each move there is a song that is meaning to Brian and I. Following are the words to the song that is meaningful to us for this move.

I Will Follow (Chris Tomlin)

Where You go, I'll go
Where You stay, I'll stay
When You move, I'll move
I will follow...

All Your ways are good
All Your ways are sure
I will trust in You alone
Higher than my side
High above my life
I will trust in You alone

Where You go, I'll go
Where You stay, I'll stay
When You move, I'll move
I will follow You
Who You love, I'll love
How You serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow You
I will follow You

Light unto the world
Light unto my life
I will live for You alone
You're the one I seek
Knowing I will find
All I need in You alone, in You alone

Where You go, I'll go
Where You stay, I'll stay
When You move, I'll move
I will follow You
Who You love, I'll love
How You serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow You
I will follow You

In You there's life everlasting
In You there's freedom for my soul
In You there joy, unending joy
and I will follow

Where You go, I'll go
Where You stay, I'll stay
When You move, I'll move
I will follow You
Who You love, I'll love
How You serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow You
I will follow


Lord, we will follow you. We do trust you. Be with us in this time of limbo, this time where we feel torn. Comfort us when we are sad, and help us to remember it is ok to be excited as well! You have great plans for us...continue to guide our footsteps and yes we will continue to follow you.


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny that Facebook started as a way for college students to get to know each other, and you are using it to get to know your soon to be friends and neighbors?

    I will have to keep that in mind, as we are contemplating a move ourselves in the next few years. I don't know that I would have thought of FB to look forward. Thank you for the idea!

    Blessings and peace to you on this move.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!