Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Word Filled Wednesday...Worry...


Worry is something I am good at. I am a classic "what if" thinker. But what good does this do me? Will obsessing and worrying over something really help? NO! Over the years I have learned the best thing for me to do is to let go and let God. In my journal I pour out all that I am worrying about whether it be a rational or irrational worry, I give it to God, I lay it at the foot of the cross. To help me with this I actually draw a picture of a cross and underneath I write my burdens, for me it helps to have a visual of giving it to Him. Do I still catch myself worrying? Yes, those worries tend to jump back at me and I do it all over again. This process really helps me to trust Him. So a new math equation for me is worry = trust!




2 comments:

  1. Love your choice of verse today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good verse for the times we are all in. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!