Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Let us be more diligent...

I feel like by now I have gotten to know my readers pretty well. I would say the majority of you own a Bible, or two or ten. In fact, I would imagine the idea of not having a Bible is hard to conceive. I mean they are in most every hotel, every bookstore, every church, and most of our bookcases. A few years ago I published a picture of some of the Bibles that reside in my home, this picture doesn't even represent all of them, at last count we had at least 30 Bibles! And in the past year both my husband and I have purchased at least 3 or 4 more. Amazing isn't it!


This past weekend our church had a mission's conference. One of our speakers was a young woman getting ready to out with Wycliffe Bible Translators. She presented some facts that blew my mind. There are around 7000 different languages spoken in the world today. Of those 7000, there are approximately 2000 languages that have no scripture at all...not even one verse. Imagine, all those people who have never heard the amazing truth contained in the Bible.

This list represents all the languages that do not have the Bible. Went the whole length of our church.

This is why we need to be diligent. We need to pray. We need to first of all ask God to send more workers to translate the Bible for these people; perhaps God will reveal to you that you are called to go! Perhaps God isn't calling you to go, but instead to give of your resources to help those that are called to go, if so then give! We need to pray that God's word will get into the hands of all people, all nations and all languages. If not us...then who???


After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.
Revelation 7:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!