Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

God's Word...put it up!!

I love the Old Testament. It is so rich and full of some wonderful verses. One of my favorite portions of scripture is in Deuteronomy 6:5-9.

 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  
These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.  Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.  Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.  Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. 

All of these verses are good, but I want to talk about verse 9. I love writing verses in my home. I love that as my children grew up they saw this plaque every time they exited our home. If they ever wondered who we served, there was a constant reminder there for them! This was our version of "writing them on the doorframes of our house."

Now, we have moved to a new home. This plaque is not yet up; in fact all our walls are bare. I am eager to get to painting so I can put some of my familiar belongings up; especially this plaque that has survived several moves with us!

Something else I am missing in our new home is the scripture we had written all across our garage. We had five Bible verses written on the walls (each of us choose our favorite verse).  Every time I drove into our garage, I would see these words...


As I was walking to the house I would see these words...


And my husband was ministered to by these words....


We also had two other verses on the wall; one from Joshua 1:9 and the other Proverbs 31:30. I know that our new garage will also find itself decorated with God's word as well. Once we are able to find the garage underneath the rapidly growing pile of empty boxes!!!

With our house being unsettled, I was most excited to add a new sign to our yard last week! It was one box that was easy to unpack and has helped me feel like this is indeed our home. About a week or two before we moved I got a delivery from Dayspring that made me smile (something that was tough to do right before the move).  This particular delivery contained two items...one which has already found a home in our front yard; the other I am still debating on where its location will be.

Everything beautiful begins with God. Ecclesiastes 3:11
In your presence is fullness of joy. Psalm 16:11

There is just something about having God's word up in my home that makes it feel like home to me! Even as we adjust to a new house, where everything is new and we are still trying to figure out which light switch will actually turn on the kitchen lights, it is comforting to me to know that I have already started putting God's word up. This time I started outside and will work my way inside!!

So, if you are ever in a rut for how to decorate a room...God's word always fits!! And if you need help getting started check out these (in)spired deals!!









* I was given the products from Dayspring for free. However, the excitement about this product is my own personal feelings and opinions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!