Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

5 Minute Friday...Trust



 Today is 5 Minute Friday. 5 minutes to write on one word, whatever comes to mind, no editing!


Today's word is Trust.





Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding...

Trust and Obey....

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus...

When something major comes up in my life, I give it Jesus. I trust Him to carry the load for me. So why is that when little things come along, I tend to hang on to them. I tell Jesus, its ok, I've got this one. Whey can't I trust Him with the small things? He cares about everything that happens to me.

Just last night I was feeling overwhelmed by a lot of little things that had come up in our lives this week. As Brian went to pray for us before sleep I shared with him that I was overwhelmed. He prayed and as he prayed he said Lord, we trust you with these things. That gave me so much peace. I need to trust Him with everything.

This morning I wake up and see the word for today is trust. That  is God's way of reminding me to trust Him. He's saying, it's ok Brenda. Trust me!!! How about you? Are you trusting Him today?

4 comments:

  1. This made me smile. The Lord is so sweet to all of us, even in the midst of our great lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story, Brenda. I can relate to giving over the big things to God, but keeping the smaller/medium sized problems. I like controlling what I can: the small things seem manageable. Then I end up overwhelmed and full of worry. I really can't control anything, even the small things.

    I am so glad the word was trust and it served as a reminder from the Lord! He truly cares about the details and everything in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so good and gracious to us. I am always so amazed at how He speaks so intimately to me in certain times in my life. Beautiful 5 minutes of writing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do we always want to hang on? It's like a sickness we can't shake. Beautiful words, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!