Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My One Word...


For the year 2012 I have chosen to focus on one word. Instead of starting the year with a bunch of resolutions that will be broken in a matter of weeks, I want to focus on one word and let God change me. The word I have chosen for myself is completely.

The verse I will focus on is:
  He got up. rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. Mark 4:39

As I go through 2012, there are bound to be storms and times of stress. When that happens I want to turn to Jesus to calm my storm. I want to completely trust Him, completely surrender to Him, be completely sold out for Him. I need to stop living for me and live completely for Him!




I have a song that sums up my word for me. 


The Stand 
by Hillsong


You stood before creation
Eternity within Your hand
You spoke the earth into motion
My soul now to stand

You stood before my failure
Carried the Cross for my shame
My sin weighed upon Your shoulders
My soul now to stand

So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You


So I'll walk upon salvation
Your Spirit alive in me
This life to declare Your promise
My soul now to stand

So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You


So I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all

So I'll stand
My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours




How about you? Do you have one word? If so what is it? If not, prayerfully consider finding one!

Linking up today with:

One Word Wednesday
Walk with Him Wednesdays

4 comments:

  1. Love your word and LOVE the song.

    May we COMPLETELY and INTENTIONALLY offer ourselves to HIM this year!

    Thank you for linking up:))

    Have a wonderful day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great word! Yes and Yes.... My word in Contentment... I want to be COMPLETELY CONTENT... Fabulous! Nice "meeting" you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chose the word Gifts and I love your word too...not sure I would have thought of that...like you I use music to help me find my words. Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome word! Such a great thing to focus on!!
    My one word is Believe- http://natsknapsack.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-one-little-word-for-2012.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!