Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

IDOP...

Sunday, November 13th is the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church.


In March my daughter Abby and I were blessed to get to attend a regional conference for the Voice of the Martyrs. Walking into the building we were met with a wall of martyrs. What  a sobering way to begin our journey, with a solemn reminder of why we were there.

The verse engraved along the bottom says:
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1

Every 5 Minutes a Christian is killed for his faith!
There is not enough room on the VOM wall of martyrs for every name.  Daily the list grows longer. 


What can you do?
PRAY
Not just on November 13th, but daily. 


This video contains several ways to be praying for the Persecuted Church, it also contains statistics that literally made me cry as I watched this video. I am thankful that I am not in a country where my faith puts my life in danger everyday. I wonder if I would be strong enough to withstand all that the persecuted church does. These Christians are true examples of living out faith. May we not only pray for them, but be inspired by them as well!






Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering. Hebrews 13:3


Here are some websites that give even more information on the Persecuted Church.






2 comments:

  1. thanks for the reminder... I have VOM calendar... I think I'll put it on my wall

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often wonder the same thing - if it was me - could I stand strong for the Lord or would I be like Peter and deny him?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!