Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

5 Minute Friday...Grow



Today I once again join Gypsy Mama in 5 minute Friday. Five minutes to write about whatever comes to mind...no editing...just writing.



Today's word is: Grow



Begin:

I can't say he was ever really little.
He started life at 10 and 1/2 pounds!
And he did nothing but grow from there.
His first major goal was to get taller than his oldest sister...he did.
Then he has me in sights...no problem, he passed me up without even batting an eye.
Next was his other sister...and finally with excitement he passed up his dad!!
My son has been busy for 17 years growing. 
Now that he is close to 6' 4".
I believe he is done...growing physically that is.

Lately, the growth I see in him is even more exciting.
He is growing in wisdom, in his faith and in his relationship with Jesus!
My quiet, intellectual boy is making his faith his own and that is so exciting to see.
He gets into debates where he defends his faith. 
He is a thinker and makes some excellent points.
I would not want to go up against him!! 
In 6 months he graduates and in 9 months he is off to college.
How exciting it will be to see the growth that will happen to him then!!

Stop


My girls literally look up to their "big" little brother!
 
My prayer has been for Caleb to be like Christ:
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, 
and in favor with God and men. Luke 2:52

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Stopping by from Five Minute Friday!

    How awesome is that! I have four kids ages 9 mos., 2, 4, and 5.5 yrs. I have one boy who is the four year old and I have to say, I can't wait to see the special ways that he grows differently than his sisters. He already weighs more than his older sister ha!

    Thank you so much for writing. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Pondering with me! Let me know your thoughts!